A Benefit Advisor is part of a three person team including the Account Manager, and Implementation Manager. A Benefit Advisor develops and advises client accounts with 20 to 100 employees with their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends team and development meetings
- Develops base for potential clients utilizing agency resources.
- Submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from carriers.
- Works closely with carriers and vendors as primary source for information on market trends, pricing, and underwriting.
- Directs preparation of client proposals, reporting, and presentations.
- Assists with developing employee communications for clients at open enrollment.
- Helps client with compliance using agency tools
- Assists with client calls or emails to resolve service or claims concerns.
- Cultivates relationships and has retention goals
- Generally requires assistance with more complex problems from a consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1 or more years of related experience or high school diploma with 3 or more years of experience with client coordination and/or claims management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially proficient with Excel
- Critical thinking, good judgment, communication, and listening skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Must be willing to execute Ventris confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
- State Health & Life license must be obtained.
- Bilingual Spanish not required but preferred.
Hours are 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. Commission pay with salary base dependent upon experience. A full benefits package is offered.